*Cue confused silence from me*
"Why?"
"I broke the toilet."
To which I responded, "What the hell were you doing in there?" or something along those lines. I mean, I know I said clean the bathroom, but how do you manage to break a toilet while scrubbing it?
Well, as it turns out, he had tried to fix the toilet while he was in there. It's been running constantly for a couple months, a fact I had forgotten because I had become to used so it. He heard it while cleaning, opened up the tank and grabbed some thingamabob inside, and it immediately broke, so he had to run to Lowe's to get a part to replace it.
**As a side note, a small part of me wonders if this is that old trick men do where they screw something up or make it extremely difficult so we never ask them to do it again. I doubt it, just because I know Brian so well, but still....Things that make you go "Hmmmm" and all that**
Anyhoodle, I found this picture on www.icanhascheezburger.com that illustrates what I dealt with on Saturday. Just to refresh everyone, Brian is a mechanical engineer. Enjoy!


3 comments:
The inner workings of a toilet only look complicated, but the parts are flimsy and break all too easily after sitting in water 24/7.
The bathroom is the first room The Oracle attacks when it's time to clean. I am mighty thankful for this, because his anal-retentive tendencies bring about one sparkly, sanitary WC.
He scrubs floors too.
And he's all mine!
"And he's all mine!"
Are you sure you can't rent him out, say once a week, to clean others' bathrooms? I bet you could make good money!
Actually, he's a huge bathroom fusspot. He's not going to wallow in strangers' germs.
You should see what he does to a hotel room after checking in!
Post a Comment