I'm still here. Between a constipated newborn (much thanks to my pediatrician for recommending I give her the butt-clogging vitamins. She was fine until we started them), getting almost no sleep because, lo! if we are not eating every half an hour or so we will surely perish from sheer starvation! (thank you, three-week growth spurt that is apparently going to last FOREVA), transcript appeals (thank you, lawyers, for waiting until I had a baby to order EVERYTHING I EVER REPORTED), a bit of postpartum depression (which is pretty much taken care of since my meds were adjusted), and my entire family LOSING THEIR EVER-LOVING MINDS immediately after the birth of my child, blogging has been at the bottom of my to-do list. Lucky for you guys, my printer is absolutely refusing to print anything, thus sort of defeating the purpose of owning its piece of crap ass, so here I am. Also, I'm typing with one hand because my fussy baby no longer loves her vibrating papazan chair. What was until today a sure-fire way to get her to fall asleep so I could get things done -- things like peeing and possibly brushing my teeth, although I'm not making any guarantees on that last one -- now IS THE DEVIL. HATE THIS CHAIR. WANT TO SEE IT DIE! So sayeth Eliza this 20th day of November, 2009. So I'm holding her and typing. I apologize ahead of time for typos. If you feel the need to point them out, please feel free to shove it. K? Thanks!
Since all this typing with one hand business is tedious and massively annoying, I'm just going to post pictures, possibly with a few captions added in. Enjoy!
+copy.jpg)

In the above picture Brian is holding her. His hand is right under her butt. She's not wearing a diaper. Can you guess what happened next? And, yes, it was the grosser of the two options. Don't worry, she got me at some point too.
I love her toes in this one.
.jpg)
+copy.jpg)
+copy.jpg)


2 comments:
OMG!!!! She is precious! Hang in there, it gets easier, I promise! Sorry about the ppd, I had it with Ava and am still taking the meds, just a lot of hormomal changes along with family issues of my own so that is alot for one person to handle! Glad to hear from you and seriously she is just an absolute doll!! I also LOL that she pooped on daddy after that picture!
Thank you for posting! I figured we wouldn't hear from you until January, what with a newborn and the holidays looming.
Eliza is absolutely breathtaking! I suddenly wish I wasn't a cheapskate when Kryptonite was born. I absolutely love the B&W photos (and the toes).
If she no longer likes the bouncy-seat thing, try the swing if you have one. I couldn't live without my swing and was utterly devastated once she learned how to grab the supports because that meant retiring it.
The first month or so seems like one gigantic growth spurt. Rest assured that one day you'll wake up in a panic because she DIDN'T screech for a meal. You'll scramble to her crib and confirm that she's still breathing. By the time your nerves are calm enough to find sleep again, she'll wake up hungry.
Sorry about the ppd. I'm glad you have it under control.
As for trying to work with a fussy baby, I used to put the footrest up on the recliner, place Kryptonite on my chest with her butt supported by the Boppy pillow, and I'd reach across to the laptop on my knees. It wasn't ideal, but I got more work done than I would have as a one-handed typist.
Post a Comment