That's right, I'm excited about kidney stones. Brian had a CT scan a few days ago, and we were supposed to get the results back the same day. We didn't, but they said today for sure. After waiting most of the day, Brian called the hospital to see what the holdup was. They said the radiologist just hadn't signed off on the report yet. A few hours later, they called and said the actual problem was, they lost his scans, so, "Can you come back and do the test again?" I was pissed, especially because it's Friday and I figured we wouldn't get any results until at least Monday.
But he went and then waited for the radiologist to read the scans, and, HOORAY, kidney stones. The other option was cancer.
Oh, and, by the way, "That's enough radiation for now. Don't go doctor-shopping to have x-rays done."
Way to ruin our weekend plans, Genesis!
Also, my leg hurts. Bad. So bad that he vicodin they gave me wasn't even touching it unless I took, like, three at a time every four hours. Since they told me to take one every 6-8 hours, I thought maybe I should call and see what they could do for me. They called me in more vicodin, just stronger. I don't think it's working either. So that's awesome.
My boss basically kicked me out of the courthouse today because he said every time I took a step I looked like I was going to die. When I refused to leave before noon, because we still had hearings going, and then he realized I didn't go get lunch because the pain-to-hunger ratio made it totally not worth leaving, he started brining me granola bars and other food from his stash in his office. I have yet to figure out why people hate him so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Kidney stones, I hear, SUCK. My FIL endured a nasty round a few months ago. Lithotripsy worked wonders.
I'm sorry about your leg. I think that a boss who would offer to send me home early and feed me from his goodie stash sounds like a decent guy.
Post a Comment