I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I've heard chatter about this series, but I had brushed it off because I was far too busy to get into that. Now, since starting my new job, my evenings and weekends are fairly free, so I though it was a good time.
I read Twilight, the first book, in roughly a week, all 498 pages of it. I could barely put it down. It was awesome. I went and got New Moon from her. About 563 pages. This one took me four days. It moved a bit slower than Twilight, but I couldn't wait to find out what happened.
So on Saturday when I finished New Moon, I stopped at my neighbor's house around 2 and got Eclipse from her. About 693 pages. It finished it Sunday night.
When, I wonder, did I develop the ability read at warp speed? I mean, when I was a freelancer, I basically read for a living, but still, this is insane.
These books are so awesome, I almost wish I'd never read them. Edward and Bella, the main characters, are so interesting. Their relationship sort of reminds me of Brian and me (except for the fact that he's a vampire, of course). Not necessarily how their relationship develops, but more the fact that she's clumsy and is always getting hurt, he's graceful and confident. She can never seem to grasp why someone so awesome would love her, plain and uncoordinated as she is, and that's the way I generally feel about Brian and me.
It also made me really miss the beginning part of our relationship. That part where you're so passionately, head over heels, in love that you can't stand to be apart and you can't keep your hands off each other. There's a little part of me that starting falling in love with Edward, and I feel kind of guilty about that. I think I just want to feel that again. I need some more romance in my life. I haven't had a romantic night out in a while. I can't remember the last time Brian and I sat and talked about how much we love each other. We generally find that kind of behavior sickeningly sweet, and it just makes us giggle, but for some reason I need that right now.
I also have this weird need to be taken care of. I'm not sure why that is. I generally consider myself to be an independant woman capable of taking care of myself, but I often have thesee damsel in distress fanatasies. Not that any of that will ever happen in real life. What the hell is there to save me from? Cutting myself while I'm shaving? Not that that won't happen, I'm just saying, it doesn't require Brian to be overly protective and territorial.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to suddenly become controlling and obsessive, but it would be nice for him to worry about me once in a while the way Edward worries about Bella in the book. I've actually told him this before, and his response is always, "I don't have to worry about you because you're so capable of taking care of yourself."
He's right, and I suppose that's a compliment to me. And I know if something was REALLY wrong, he would absolutely be worried, protective, all those things.
*sigh* I'm weird. I don't know why I can't just be happy with what I have. What the hell is my problem?


4 comments:
I just spent the weekend with a newly engaged couple. They were all cuddly and kept wispering things in eachothers ears it was so sweet it made me wanna gag. I miss that a little too but then I remember that we have moved beyond that and are comfortable and secure enough to be more than just a couple and can be individuals at times too, know what I mean?
Amen, Crystal.
I wouldn't worry about whether Brian worries. If there's cause, he will.
Nothin' wrong with keeping the romantic sparks flying once in a while. There's nothing wrong with putting together a nice candlelit dinner and wearing something slinky when he comes home.
Just make sure he isn't bringing a buddy home to dinner.
I know how you feel bout these books. I read each one in just a day or two. But, I found myself wanting Bella to get together with Jacob! He reminded me more of Jon and their relationship seemed somehow healthier.
I am glad to hear you read these books. I have been wondering about them myself. I will have to borrow them from my neighbor girl.
Post a Comment