Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quick updates

* Our second ultrasound was yesterday. Everything looks great. The Kiblet is measuring right on target, heartbeat was 175, and we got to see him/her move. Also, he/she looks like a hamster. It's a little creepy. I'm starting to wonder if the IVF clinic REALLY screwed up. Seriously.

* I finally weighed myself this morning. I think pregnancy is the only time when people have come up to me and asked, "Have you gained any weight?" and for some reason don't expect me to cry....or kick them in the shins. Well, here ya go, everyone. Drumroll please..........I've LOST 3 pounds. And that's after yesterday when I had half a loaf of French bread and two bowls of mint brownie chocolate chip ice cream. Take that, pregnancy! I plan to gain 20 pounds, and walk out of the hospital 30 pounds lighter, effectively getting me down to my goal weight. I think I can do it. I'm generally good at accomplishing things I set my mind to.

* I'm going to whisper this next part, out of fear of it reversing.......the morning sickness is better..........Shhhhhh...no cheering....it might hear you and come back.

*I made my bed yesterday, complete with fresh sheets and freshly-washed mattress cover. It made me insanely happy. I love my bed. In fact, it's 11:20 a.m. and I'm still lying in it. I'm painfully aware of the fact that in about six months I won't be able to do this anymore.

* Our toilet is broken. Again. That stupid porcelain and wood monstrosity is the bane of my existence -- yes, it has a wood seat. That is not my fault. The old owners of this house also loved flowery wallpaper -- It managed to break around 3 a.m. a few nights ago. I noticed it was just running and running, so I pulled the back off the tank to see what was going on, and proceeded to be sprayed with freezing cold water. That'll wake you up. I was not a happy camper. At least we're now aware of the fact that we can just yank up on the handle after we flush and that seems to stop it from running. It probably won't be fixed for about six months. Mostly because we're lazy.

* Our toaster broke yesterday. We'll be holding a memorial service for it later this week. We loved that thing. Ben got it for us for Christmas the year before our wedding. It was a sad, sad day. And not just because I can't eat the two boxes of Toaster Strudel that I allowed myself to buy in the name of I'm-pregnant-and-should-be-allowed-to-eat-Toaster-Strudel-ness.

* If for some reason anyone gets the urge to buy me things -- **ahem** MyBirthdayIsApril27 **cough** -- I love this website: http://www.butterlondon.com/. Even if you don't buy me things, check it out. It sells products, specifically nail polish, that contain no DBP, formaldehyde, or toluene, all chemicals which are toxic, specifically to pregnant women. Many other companies are starting to eliminate these chemicals from their products as well.

* I have to go take a shower now. My sister is having an in-home party today for those wall decal thingies. I think they're pretty cool, but the real reason I'm going is because I know my sister bought a tub of those frozen eclair things at the grocery store specifically for this party, and I'm planning on planting myself in front of them the whole time I'm there. And no, I don't think this will interfere with my above-mentioned only gaining 20 pounds plan. Clearly, I'm superhuman and awesome at pregnancy.


1 comment:

Just Me said...

So glad that Kiblet is progressing nicely. It's so cool seeing them move and hearing the heartbeat. It's so reassuring, too. At every checkup through to the end I held my breath waiting for that heartbeat.

Weight loss in the beginning is common with feeling crappy and nothing tasting as good as it should. Do yourself a favor, though, and don't hold yourself to any plan. Kiblet is going to have his/her own ideas on what you're going to eat when.

I'm cracking up over people asking if you'd gained weight. I didn't have that problem since I've always been overweight. Just wait until old ladies start patting your expanding Kiblet belly in the courthouse elevator. I don't like anyone touching me outside of familial hugs, and having strangers pat my stomach sent my needles into the red. It was all I could do not to slap their hands away. They didn't even ask permission. They just reached out and patted like it was their old-lady right. Grrrr!

I hate the inner workings of toilets, and you have my sympathies on the subject. Ours is always running because Mighty B. insists on hitting the flush handle several times instead of just once, and it's enough to knock the stopper askew. It's so bad I make special trips to check the bathroom just to make sure it's not running.