(BTW, being overtired is her own fault since she categorically refuses to nap by the end of the day)
I don't want to be held.
Don't put me down!
I said I don't want to be held!
Why are you putting me down? What the hell???
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't hold me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE THE SWING! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER PUT ME IN THE SWING?? IS HORRIBLE!!!!
OMG, don't give me to Dad. Why would you do that? I hate Dad today. He's always talking to me and trying to make me laugh and being disgustingly nice. I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!
I. Said. Don't. Hold. Me. YOU NEVER LISTEN!!!
Deep thoughts from Mommy: Need more red wine, STAT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Have you read "Happiest Baby on the Block"? It seriously saved my sanity when Nat was small... she was a "fuss butt" for sure. Of course, I didn't have time to really read the whole book, but the bits I got in helped tremendously.
Oh yeah, we've read that. Implemented it. Nada. Ellie is the unhappiest baby on the block sometimes. LOL.
Oh, gosh. Please forgive me for laughing so hard. I laugh because I understand. Oh, how I understand!
Two nights ago (after falling out of our bed the night before that and whacking her noggin on the floor despite all our precautions), Her Nibs went through all manner of screaming, crying, sobbing, and hiccupping in her crib until exhaustion got the better of her at 4:30 a.m. She woke up at 5:30, and I actually got her to go back to sleep for a few more hours.
Last night I stuffed her in her crib. She woke up once or twice, but she went back to sleep. I think we successfully cold-turkeyed (??) this baby from our bed, but, wowie, are we ever TIRED.
Oh gosh... I'm sorry that didn't help too much. We would swaddle Nat and sway her to some white noise (that pulsed to my heartbeat) off the laptop. That usually helped for a little bit and thank God it did. That was nuts. Thankfully it all stopped around 3 months. I would have lost my mind if that went on much longer. I'll keep you guys in my prayers!
Brody loved being swaddled. It took us two long weeks to figure that out. We got the swaddler from the first years with the velcro. We swaddled him for four months and life was much better.
I've come to the conclusion that some babies are simply harder to comfort than others. Precious Daughter was an absolute DREAM, sleeping through the night from 7 or 8 weeks onward.
Mighty B. woke up every night until he was three, but all he wanted was to check in with Mom or Dad and he'd go back to sleep.
Her Nibs is much like Ellie, knowing she wants something to make her happy but doesn't know what that something is yet. I certainly hope Ellie finds her "something" long before she's 11 months old.
I think I've given the impression that I have a bad sleepr on my hands, which really isn't true. She's been sleeping through the night for several weeks. For a while she had to be rocked to sleep, but now we just swaddle her up, turn on her fan and her white noise machine, and we sitin the room, out of sight, for a few mintue, and out she goes. This post was drafted after an entire day where she just refused to fall asleep no matter where she was, so she was so incredibly overtired that she didn't know what to do with herself.
And yes, we swaddle, use white noise, sway. She likes all those things, and things would probably be WAY worse without them.
Post a Comment