Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Saturday, March 27, 2010

To distract me from my jaw-clenching and tooth grinding...

We're letting Eliza cry it out tonight, doing "progressive waiting," where she screams her bloody head off, and we go in at intervals that get progressively farther apart to check on her, the longest interval being 10 minutes. She fell asleep on her own in about 45 minutes the first time. Then she woke up, and we've started over. Hence the jaw clenching and grinding of the teeth and the massive headache and all that business. I can't take her inability to soothe herself back to sleep, though. She's been up at midnight every night for about a week, with no intention of going back to sleep. We're going crazy.

So to distract me from the screaming (the tv turned up as loud as possible isn't doing it), here are some super-cute pictures!



Ellie got a new hat!








Pictures from the baby shower my cousin Joche' threw for us today.













Shit, that didn't take nearly long enough. She's still screaming. I need some Xanex or something, pronto.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I feel your pain, I feel your pain.

Did I mention that I feel your pain?

It DOES get better. Ellie WILL learn how to fall asleep, and you'll get some sleep soon too.

Her Nibs has improved tremendously over the last few months. It's far from perfect, but it's a lot better. Every extra minute of sleep is a small victory.

Jess said...

If all else fails:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Gentle-Vibrations-Soother/dp/B000CRFOWK

No joke, totally saved our life. You need (NO, I MEAN NEED) rechargable batteries, but it's worth it. Ethan was aw.ful. I mean sure, he was Captain Sensory Issues, but he wouldn't sleep, period, and this taught him to fall to sleep himself.

Erin Burton said...

Super Cute Pictures!! Ihope the sleeping things works itself out soon. :-) Sending you luck!

Kristen said...

You are doing the right thing and you will thank your self later! Just be consistent because if you are not it will all be a waste! We did the same thing and both are boys are the BEST sleepers now. DON'T GIVE UP!!!