Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh, you thought I was done, didn't you? At least for a while, right? NOPE.

I almost don't even want to type this out, because then it'll be OUT THERE.  PEOPLE WILL KNOW.  AND EXPECT THINGS.
 
I've been seriously considering maybe trying, in the near to far future, having another baby.  I have to change my insurance plan with work, which I can do at the end of this month, but it won't kick in until January.  I managed to choose the only plan without infertility coverage.  But it's FREE, and AWESOME, so I stuck with it, because I ended up pregnant anyway. (Take that, Universe!)
 
But now...Oh, now I want to try again.  But I need a plan.  A carefully laid-out, step-by-step, detailed to the last detail plan of attack.  I need to know which doctor I can use, how many months it's reasonable for us to try before starting meds, etc.
 
My intention is to try naturally for two to three months.  I don't want to do this too long, because my endometriosis is soooo painful, and I don't want to deal with that shit longer than I have to.  I'm starting to wonder, though, if I might need another laprascopy to remove the endo, because, even on the pill, I've had miserable cramps lately. 
 
So, anyway, try naturally (nothing will happen but a lot of whining from me), then try injections with IUI.  I think that might work.  I'll probably end up with quadruplets or something, but I think it has a good chance of working, and is minimally invasive.
 
So after all this thinking and thoughts and whatnot, my reasonble side kicks in and is like "WTF, DUDE?!?!?!?  Your first baby isn't even 1!
 
Inner baby wanter *meekly*:  only another week and a half, though....
 
And you don't think you can handle two in diapers!  And your house only has two bedrooms!  And you already hate that you work full time, even though you love your job, because you don't get enough time with Ellie!  Do you know how much crazier a newborn will make EVERYTHING?  DO YOU REMEMBER????
 
Inner baby wanter *even meeklier*:  It wasn't that bad.....
 
YES.  IT WAS.  AND WILL SHANK YOU IF YOU MAKE ME GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN ALREADY.  I NEED TO SLEEP.
 
So, clearly, I'm totally read for this step.
 


--
Cortney A. Kilby, C.S.R.

No comments: