Oh, wait, that's not even close to reality.
The reality is that I've had two very painful sinus surgeries in the last
six months, the last one being about six weeks ago, and, guess what?
You'll never guess. I'll have to just tell you. Seriously. I'm not kidding, it's too hard to guess.
I'M FUCKING SICK AGAIN.
At this point, all I did was just call the ENT and told his assistant to
put in my record that I was sick again, but I didn't feel like coming in
because I didn't think there was anything he could do. That's how much faith I have in the otolaryngology medical community at this point. I
mean, I let the guy go digging around in my face not once, BUT TWICE,
BECAUSE I ARE STOOPID, and I still feel like ass. I might as well have let
my cat diagnose and treat me.
In all reality, it's not my ENT's fault, really, that the standard treatments aren't working for me. There's only one person that's at fault, and that's my body. Because my body is an asshole, which is a fact that I think we've all learned by now if we've been following along like good boys and girls (or just girls. I'm pretty sure there are no boys who read my blog because I talk WAY too much about vaginas and uteruses (uteri?) and infertility-related ickyness).
But that all segues nicely into........DA-DA-DA.........PRE-REPRODUCTION OF
KIBLET #2: AN UPDATE:
It's not much of an update, really. I stopped taking the pill in December,
and still haven't gotten a period. And if any one of you suggests, "Well,
maybe you're pregnant," I will hunt you down and beat you to death with a
pregnancy test. It'll take a while, but I'll do it. Because, NO, I'M NOT,
BECAUSE MY BODY IS AN ASSHOLE. WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS.
So I'm currently on progesterone to try and kickstart a period. Hooray!
Fun! I'm sure it won't be worse than a normal period! I'm sure the cramps
won't get worse than the ones I'm already having, which are fairly
debilitating at times! I'm positive that I will be a joy to be around and my husband will be telling everyone he knows how excited he is to have another baby with me, the total stable, not at all crazy-eyed, mental case he's living with!
Whatever. It's not like making a baby is a romantical thing for us anyway. He gets his own private Brian's Fun Time Room at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, while I, on the other hand, get to jab myself in the ass with large needles for at least a month, and also get to give gallons of blood to check hormone levels, and I'll get to have at least 10 dates with the dildocam, who never even buys me dinner first, just gets down to business.
The point I'm trying to make, though, before I got off track up there, is that we're nearing the beginning of this cycle. It snuck up on me. Me and the 30 pounds I wanted -- no, NEEDED -- to lose before I got pregnant again, so that I don't look like a beached whale after this baby. But, c'est la vie.
I'm excited, is my point. Can't you tell from all the sarcastic rambling?
On a weight-related topic, I have been doing hot yoga four times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.) It's expensive, but it pretty much cures my fibromyalgia symptoms, which is my motivation to keep going. I'm bound to lose weight from it. I don't know how I can't. So I'm going to keep doing that until I, hopefully, get pregnant, and then I'm going to check out the other yoga studio in town, which is not hot, and do yoga there. I'm bound and determined not to gain much weight this pregnancy so I can try to get back to normal when it's over. I didn't work out really at all during my first pregnancy, and look where that shit got me. I'm a fatty. At this point I can't even really blame it on the baby, because said "baby" is now 2. And not once has she ever crammed cake down my gullet, so it's not her fault I'm hugemungous.
So that's really it for now. I'll keep this blog updated. I don't think many are reading it, but that's ok. It's kind of nice for me to have the documentation of how things go.
Oh, and I attached new pictures of Ellie. At least I think I did. We'll see if they show up. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
OMG, she is such a cutie! You and Brian do good work, even if it has to be the hard way! Fingers crossed for you guys!
Post a Comment