Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An update

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I'm trying to stay caught up with work.

Brian and I decided to skip our doctor here this month, do an unmedicated cycle, and move on to Iowa City in May. We talked about it a lot, and both decided that another IUI here would be a waste for several reasons: a) Generally, you only get three IUIs, then you move on to IVF (at least according to my doctor here, who I don't trust all that much now), so doing another IUI here could mean I get fewer IUIs in Iowa City, and I think they'll do a better job up there; b) We don't trust that even if we demanded the proper monitoring, that our doctor here would even know what the hell he was looking at, since they clearly shy away from monitoring in general and c) I was kind of looking forward to a cycle without being pumped full of fertility drugs.

Unfortunately, I'm still having symptoms as if I'm on them, but they're not as bad as they would be. Looking at my temperature charts, I've realized the Clomid they've been given me hasn't changed a thing. It's not doing anything for me other than making me moody and giving me hot flashes, so trying another round of that really is a waste of time, energy, and soap -- because I feel like I need a shower every 10 minutes.

I feel really good about this decision. If/when I do get pregnant, I'll be finding a new doctor here. I've talked to several people, and every one of them knows at least one person that's has trouble with the office I was going to before. After about the fifth or sixth horror story, I was sold on a new doctor. Any doctor at this point. But I'm getting recommendations from others and will check to see who my insurance covers.

Other than that, nothing new to report. Hopefully, I'll be able to post more later today or tomorrow, but right now I have to get some work done.

1 comment:

Jake and Emily said...

I can talk to you more "off the blog" about how things were SO different here than they were in Iowa City...let's just say we never got complete instructions here & when we got to IC we got completely different results! So, I hope that heading to IC will be fruitful for you & Brian! I just really felt they CARED about us there and we weren't just another faceless number.

GOOD LUCK! You're in my prayers!