Well, hello, Bloggy Land! I have a blog. Can you believe it? I, apparently, had totally forgotten. Or, rather, I had been so swamped at work and at home that I didn't have time to write a coherent blog that anyone would want to read. I had a week-long jury trial last week (was it last week? It feels like longer ago, but I think it was last week. No, it was the week before. Whatever). I didn't get out of work on time once that week. It was kinda fun (because I'm a freak and really love my job when I'm working hard and doing my job well), but left me exhausted. We finished Friday night at 7 p.m. Yeah. I got home at 8:15. That was....fun.....So any blog I would have written that week would have gone thusly:
Tired -- OIASDFLNJIAWEO;PINAGFD;ONWREo;inkdsafo;inlawef -- Can't -- Function -- Boring -- as;ldkfadsoifna;lgni;AS;DOINGA; -- *head hits keyboard*
No one wants to read that, right? So I just abstained. We were all better off for it. And by "we," I mean all of humanity.
So other than that jury trial, we've been trying to get stuff done around the house. Below are pictures of Ellie's room. We hung these pom pom thingies, and they're AWESOME. They don't look nearly as "circusy" in person. More like big mums, really. Three are above her crib in place of a mobile, and others were hung on the walls.
Just an FYI, these pom poms are the devil. Or manufactured by the devil. Actually, they're manufactured by Martha Stewart. Same difference, really. We got them at Michael's in the wedding section (just in case any of you are masochists). They're just really really tedious to put together. After about the third one, I got the hang of it and it wasn't so bad. Brian did one (that pink one on the ceiling) and then said, "Is there a website we can go on to recommend that no one EVER do this?"
To which I responded, "But, of course, that's what my blog is for!" Then I waited something like 10 years before actually warning anyone on said blog. I hope that, in the meantime, none of you went out and purchased these Godforsaken things and impaled yourselves on the wires or suffocated on the crepe paper or had a massive breakdown mid-separating-the-crepe-paper and beat up your spouse. I'd feel kinda responsible for that. Also, none of that happened at our house. I promise.

Below is the view as you walk in the room. It's not done yet, but you get the idea. Also, the dresser will have all the drawers. It came out of our bedroom and some of my clothes are still in the drawers. I ran out of steam on Sunday after we had cleaned for about 8 hours and just couldn't finish this project.

This rocking chair is going back. I got a really good deal on it on eBay, but it's already broken and not the most comfortable thing my butt has ever encountered. It's true, you get what you pay for. I guess we'll have to stop being so cheap about it and just break down and buy a good one. Oh well. (Oh, and please ignore me. I had just gotten home, had a long day which involved crazy people and a broken air-conditioner in the courtroom). (Also, the piano bench obviously doesn't belong in here).


*SUBJECT CHANGE*
A few weeks ago, Brian and I had a slumber party at our house with Halle and Bryn (my sister's girls). We have a popcorn machine in the basement, so Uncle Brian made popcorn. I looked over at one point and saw both girls shoving popcorn into his mouth. When I said, "Oh, are you feeding Uncle Brian popcorn?" Halle's response was, "Yeah. He's like a goat at the zoo."
That kid cracks. me. up.


Like a goat at the zoo.
2 comments:
"Goat at the zoo." ROFLMAO&PMP! I LOVE what kids come up with.
Maybe they were awful to assemble, but those gigantic mums look OUTSTANDING.
I'm sorry the eBay rocker was a dud. I hate when that happens. I'd sooner craiglist furniture, because I get to go look at it before handing over my cash.
Even that has its "caveat emptor."
I'd been lusting for a Tripp Trapp high chair since I spotted one in a magazine last summer. The buggers are over $200. I'd searched and scoured Craigslist, and I finally got one for $100. It turns out mine is a European model (who knew?) and the baby-rail attachment seats sold here in the U.S. aren't compatible with it. GRRRR!
The glider rockers are dreamy. I'd always wanted one, and considered buying one this time around for me and Kryptonite, but I came to my senses instead. I simply don't have the room.
Failed to mention that I LOVE THAT CRIB!!! GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment