Austin Powers? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?
Whatever. You guys suck.
* We record the 10 o'clock news, half because we hate to watch commercials, and half because we're usually asleep before 10, so we have to watch it the next day. Last night Brian was scrolling through our recorded tv, which has thumbnails of the programs recorded. There were two recordings of the news, and Brian said, "Look, there's Marcia Lense. She has the same face every night."
I think he meant she had the same expression on her face each time.
My response was, "Well, I tend to have the same face every day, so......"
And Brian proceeded to high-five me and laugh hysterically, as if I had just said the funniest thing ever. Then I started laughing hysterically, to the point that I was crying, and admonished him that making me laugh that hard when I'm 7 months pregnant might make me wet my pants.
Then he said, "I think most people think I'm the kind of jackass that won't laugh at himself, but that was awesome. I fucking love you."
And that made me laugh even more. As I sit here right now, I can't figure out WHY we thought it was so funny, but it was.
* I am so freaking excited for my baby shower I can barely contain myself. Not just because of the presents -- although I love me some presents. I think it's because, after four years of trying to get pregnant, I never thought I'd get to have a baby shower, and now I'm finally getting one and it makes it all so real. Seriously, SO EXCITED.
* I'm nesting. Definitely nesting. I would really love it if we could rip down the last remaining wallpaper, which is in the upstairs bathroom, and redo the whole room. I would also like to redo our bedroom. And we need to scrub all the trim in the house. And I want to move the washer and dryer to clean behind them. And the kitchen needs to be reorganized. And, and, and, and, and......Yet, here I sit on the couch, because I have zero energy to actually accomplish any of that.
* One of the things I'm most excited about for my maternity leave -- ya know, besides that baby I get to bring home -- is being able to go to Cookie Day. Every year, before Christmas, my aunt, grandma, sister and mom all get together to make Christmas cookies. I don't usually get to attend, at least not for the whole day, because I'm ALWAYS working. This year I'll get to do the whole day of Cookie Day with Eliza (pssst, Mom, she'll be too little for you to teach her how to eat cookie dough. You'll have to wait 'till next year). Not that I bake. But I am really good at being the official cookie taste-tester, and I'm not terrible at frosting them and pouring on sprinkles.


3 comments:
Sometimes the funniest things are those that make no sense whatsoever, and someone who can point out the silliness of the nonsensical is definitely a keeper.
Huh?
I'm lucky enough to be married to that kind of guy too.
Congrats (endless congrats!) on your pregnancy and your impending baby shower. I agree that sometimes the most hilarious things are the most inexplicable, but at 34 weeks pregnant, I find that I laugh now at ... well, almost nothing. Sour old pregnant lady! I can't wait to get my laughter back ...
Cookie day sounds AWESOME. I think I should start one of those.
You have the same due date as one of my bffs, and she's currently in the 'nesting' phase too. Every time I go over there she's making her husband renovate something.
Post a Comment