This weekend -- and this all happened long before I started to feel like death -- we got Ellie's room done. The devil shelves are hung. Turns out the main problem was the hardware that they packaged with the shelves. I got them up. It only took, oh, four hours. I was sweaty when I was done. But at least they're up. We do still need our bed skirt, which would really complete the room, but it's functional without it and looks really really pretty. I'd post pictures right now, but I'm sick. Did I mention that? I'll take some later today (or maybe Brian will, who knows?) and get them posted ASAP.
We also had a sleepover with our two nieces, Ally and Rylee, and our nephew Zak on Saturday night. They were really good and they had a great time. Brian and I realized why people have babies one (or possibly two) at a time. You can't go from zero kids to three toddler to school age kids just like that, because the noise level is unbearable. It's something you need to be eased into. On Sunday morning they were all jumping on the air mattress, running from down the hall and jumping on the air mattress, screaming and having a grand old time while watching Sponge Bob, when Rylee (the oldest, she'll be 6 in November) asked if she could play the piano.
I believe my response was something to the effect of, "Good fucking lord, no."
Except I don't talk to my nieces like that. At least I hope I didn't talk to her like that. I may have been delirious from the ringing in my ears. But I just couldn't take any more noise in my house. One thing at a time, child, seriously! It's not that they were being bad at all, we just aren't used to it.
Anyway, we've been super busy, is the point of this disjointed post. I have to go take a nap now. 'Cause I'm sick, remember?


3 comments:
I feel for you chica, being sick while preggo is no fun! I've been down for the count myself, left work early yesterday and called in again today. I HAVE to go in tomorrow though cause I have a meeting I can't miss... I hate the thought of exposing everyone to this though. Hang in there.
At least you've been productive on your sick leave ... and yes, elementary school children (plural) are ... loud.
Oh, I hope you're feeling better by now. Being sick and pregnant is miserable. The worthless stuff in the Tylenol bottle might as well be SweetTarts.
Ah, the joys of noisy children! I can't believe the din my older two can create. I take them to the kids' Bingo night at school and the decibel levels exceed that of any concert I ever attended.
Post a Comment