Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Monday, July 7, 2008

Canoeing, almost puking, and other super fun 4th of July activities.

We just had probably the most fun week we've had in a while. 4th of July rocks, and not just because it's the day we got engaged a bagillion seven years ago. Our fun-filled week included a River Bandits game with the Stephens and the Siglers, I had lunch with Kristen and Heather, then on Friday the 4th of July party at Nikki & Paul's. It was awesome. Patrick and Cara came down with the girls and stayed all weekend, which was really fun. Kristen and Shawn also came to the 4th of July party. All our favorite people!

Saturday we went to my grandparents' with the Lausens and the Siglers to go swimming. Notwithstanding the bitch from FEMA who was supposed to come look at our basement between 10 and 12, but never showed up until 2 because she was probably still drunk when she woke up and clearly our holiday plans didn't matter she was a crackhead, Saturday also rocked.

Sunday we went canoeing. Yes, I went canoeing. I'd appreciate it if we could all refrain from the, "But Cortney is a princess who doesn't go outside and won't pee in anything but a gold toilet and she has to wear makeup everywhere," nonsense. Although the gold toilet would be nice While I do tend to be a girly-girl, I do enjoy the outdoors. You know why I don't camp or anything like that? Because I have to pee approximately every 10 minutes, and while it's no big deal for normal people with normal-sized bladders to pee in an outhouse once or twice a day, when you have to do it 10 or 15 times a day, it's pretty gross and unappealing. Think about it. I bet you wouldn't want to do it, either. I've yet to meet a person who says, "Ooh, I get to use an outhouse? SCORE!"

So anyway, we went canoeing with Kristen and Shawn, and it rocked. It was so relaxing to just float down the river all day. We stopped at a few sandbars to hang out and eat, and just had a great time.

Before we got to the river, we stopped at Subway to get sandwiches for later, and as soon as I walked into Subway, I got queasy. Then in the car on the way to the river from Subway, I seriously almost threw up, then I was completely fine for the rest of the day. This also happened in Target on Friday afternoon. I've never in my life seen people more excited about me possibly getting sick. If I weren't trying to get pregnant, I would have to assume that my friends and family just enjoy it when I suffer needlessly.

Don't get too excited, though. I'm pretty sure the queasiness was just random and means nothing. We'll know for sure here in a few days, but I'm pretty crampy and really feel like my period is coming. Sorry to dissappoint.

Here are a few pictures from this weekend. Enjoy!

Halle & Brian having popcorn at the River Bandits Game




Brian not sharing the giant tub of cheeseballs. He's so stingy.


Kristen and Shawn Sigler's son Cal playing baseball at the 4th of July party.


Patrick demonstrating that anything is butched up by drinking beer, even wearing a blanket on your head and holding a teddy bear.


Our goddaughter, Frances, showing off her pretty blue eyes


When mowhawks attack: a/k/a what happens when you take out Bryn's ponytail at the end of the day


Brian and me at the 4th of July party


The Siglers (on the left) and Brian and me after canoeing. See how beautiful Kristen is? No one should look that good seven months pregnant. If I didn't love her so much, I'd probably hate her. LOL.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate when my friends look better pregnant than I do on a regular basis, haha. Looks like you had a fun week... I'll keep my fingers crossed that your cramping isn't AF looking to find you and is a little baby burrowing in instead! How did you bloodwork turn out?

Kristen said...

You are too funny!! I do not look that good!! But thank you! I agree that it was a FANTASTIC holiday weeked (I think it was the company :o)

Just Me said...

Kristen, I've never met you, but you DO look THAT GOOD. I hope the last few weeks go smoothly for you.

I loved the second pic of your upside-down niece eating popcorn.

Here's hoping your cramping isn't a monthly cycle. I didn't have a fraction of the difficulties you're experiencing, but that monthly rollercoaster ride until I did thoroughly sucked. Hope/despair/hope/despair...blech.

It's wonderful you can keep your sense of humor and a positive mindset. They'll make all the difference for you.