Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Things you hear while in the tub.....

Last night I taught yoga, and when I got home Brian and I decided to order a pizza for dinner. So I was taking a bath, and I heard him pick up the phone to order the pizza. I was washing my hair, so what I heard was *muffled talking*....."delivery"....*muffled talking*....."what's on that?"....*more muffled talking that was louder and getting closer to me*......and then, "Fucking pork in a garden."

That last part happened as he wandered into the bathroom and I had just finished rinsing conditioner out of my hair. I just kind of looked at him for a second, then said, "Um......what?"

I had to assume I missed part of that statement, because if I didn't, he had a much more 'interesting' day at work than I did.

Turns out, he was asking Uncle Bills if they had a supreme pizza, to which they responded, "No, but we have a garden pizza."

Insert the "What's on that?" comment I heard from Brian.

Then they told him it had mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc., and pepperoni and sausage. He ordered it, then got off the phone. That's when I heard the muffled talking getting louder, because he was commenting on the fact that calling that a garden pizza didn't make any sense -- doubly irritating because The Hat does the same thing -- because, "You don't grow fucking pork in a garden."

Hilarious. At least to me.

And yes, this is how we spend our evenings, discussing the mysteries of pizza toppings and pork.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! That's hilarious!