Here are a few before pictures of the living room:
Snore. The curtains were left by the previous owners, and everything was white, plus the light-colored carpet. Boring, boring, boring. I wish I had a picture to better illustrate how boring and ugly it was, but I don't.
Kitchen when we moved in:
Yeah, yikes. On the opposite walls there was a chair-rail level border with birdhouses on it, with burgandy wallpaper below it. I actually tore all this down about two years ago and Brian put in a ceramic tile backsplash in this area, and I painted the rest of the walls a light khaki color, including the walls in the living room. That helped a lot.
Downstairs bathroom before:
I know, worse than the kitchen. And why is it that the previous owners either wanted everything white, or everything covered in gaudy wallpaper? There was zero middle ground in this house.
Here are a few of the living room now. new floor, and trim painted white. Eventually, I'll paint the doors, too, but I'm so sick of painting right now that I could puke. LOL:
Into the kitchen, which is obviously attached to the living room. Ooh, and our new kitchen table we bought a few months ago:
Yes, we do have the smallest dishwasher in the history of the world. The plan is to eventually intsall stainless steel appliances. Our money tree blew over in the wind storm last week, though, so it'll have to wait.
And this is a bit random, but since the basement is all torn up, I decided to paint a few things down there, too. So this is my new office area (or will be once the ceramic tile gets installed down there):
Can you see our giant tv back there, sitting all alone in the torn-up mess? Makes me sad.
And last, but certainly not least, the downstairs bathroom. Wallpaper is the devil. it took me almost two days just to steam and rip it all out, but holy crap, does it look better:
At some point I'm going to get around to painting that mirror and the vanity area white, but like I said, I'm super sick of painting things right now.
We're so thrilled to have at least the first floor of our home back to normal. We had nowhere in our house to sit except our bedroom for almost two full weeks.
Thanks for looking!


8 comments:
Your house looks AMAZING!! I keep talking about it to everyone I see!! I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
Your house looks so great!! You've done SO much work! It feels so cozy and warm. Great job!!
W O W.
It looks wonderful.
Do you feel like bringing your talents to Pennsylvania?
Cort, you did an AWESOME job...it looks beautiful! I love it...I want to come see it in person...P.S. I love the kitchen table...where is that from?
We got the kitchen table at Oak Express, I think. It rocks. It was a steal, too, only $800, and that's after we upgraded the chairs from barstools (no back on a chair is sooo uncomfortable).
We'll probably be having a "re-houswarming" party at some point, maybe after we get the ceramic tile in in the basement.
Oh, and the downstairs bathroom color isn't showing up great, but it's kind of a periwinkle and the candle and hand towel are green.
Looks great... makes me motivated to start painting ours... ok, maybe not but I did consider it for a couple mins! Love the floors!
It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Looks fantastic. When your free you should come give me advice on how to decorate my rooms :)
Post a Comment