Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Friday, August 29, 2008

FINALLY....

It seems the moment I've been waiting for for the past few weeks of drama and mayhem has finally happened. No, I'm not pregnant. Sorry to disappoint. But as I was wandering through my house about 20 minutes ago putting away laundry, with the windows wide open and the smell of fresh-cut grass wafting through them while Brian was working in the yard, I actually felt.....happy. Elated, actually. Just peaceful. That hasn't happened in weeks, which is totally unusual for me. Generally, I get this feeling at least three or four times a week.

I think the problem lately has been that we've been so busy. I'm the kind of person that requires a lot of downtime and nights without plans or things I HAVE to do. Not that I don't like going out and hanging out with friends nor being busy, don't get me wrong. I just need some time with nothing going on at least once a week. This is just how I am, and lately that requirement of my personality hasn't been honored, through no one's fault, it's just how life gets sometimes.

So I'm happy to report that my mood is on the upswing. That you may be seeing more "life is wonderful and magical and grand" blogs from me in the next week or so.

Now, I'm off to grill some chicken and have dinner with my husband. Yay!

4 comments:

Nikki and Paul said...

Are you happier when I am out of town?!!!

Just Me said...

I'm glad you're out of your blues!

Happy ovaries are productive ovaries!

Heather said...

Glad to see you are in a "HAPPY" mood. I totally understand what you mean by being so busy, you miss the simplicity of life!

Just Me said...

Haven't heard from you much on MSN. I hope all is well.