Not. Excited.
At all.
Nope.
So here area few things I forgot to update you on lately:
My boss made me cry at work the other day. It was equal parts hormones and asshole-ism. He had me drawing up paperwork for something. Something I'd never done before, because, um, I've worked for him for all of six months, and this particular thing I'm drawing up paperwork for happens, um, every four years. So yeah, I really didn't know what I was doing. I found some stuff to work off of on my hard drive courtesy of his old reporter, and I made it look like that stuff. And he said he wanted it to be spaced out more, so I spaced it out more, and then he dropped it on my desk and said, "Come On! This still looks like you did it on a typewriter! Make it look better," and stomped out of my office.
Never in my life have I gotten a more vague order than that, because, Dude, it's a one-page legal document. WHAT DO YOU WANT????
And then I started bawling. And I couldn't stop. And in my head I was all, "Stop being a pussy! What the fuck is your problem? Why are you crying?" And then my inner monologue made me cry because she's such a bitch.
So that was fun.
But my week was made better by a phone call the next day (I think it was the next day, could have been the same day. Could have been a couple days before. I don't know. The baby is stealing all my brain juice) from my mom. She left a message asking if I wanted free ultrasounds from the Women's Choice Center because they're training a new ultrasound tech and she needs someone to practice on every two weeks.
My response went something like, "Bitch, please! Why do you even need to ask me that question? Hellz yeah!"
(Apparently, today, I'm super ghetto.)
(Also, I didn't call my mom a bitch.)
(Mom, if you're reading this, I only call you a bitch as often as you call me one. So if that frequency is, say, never, then I'm right with ya. If it's more than that, well, you should feel bad for calling your daughter a bitch. Ha!)
So I'm getting my first FREE ULTRASOUND tomorrow at 10:30. Normally, they'll be on Mondays, but the tech wasn't there this past Monday, and then this coming Monday is Memorial Day, so she said she'd do one just for the hell of it tomorrow. My life is so rough, I tellz ya.
I'll be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow, so they should be able to tell the sex of the baby. Problem is, since this u/s tech is not my actual doctor or working for my doctor's office, she can't tell me if it's a boy or a girl, but she said she can zoom in real close and let me look. Because, ya know, I totally know what I'm looking at on an ultrasound. I'll be lucky to find the actual baby, much less it's teeny-tiny business. So I think I'll tell her to just do the scan and if it's obvious it's one or the other -- *ahem* boy parts *cough* -- then great, but otherwise I'd like to wait until my 20-week u/s when Brian will be there with me. Tomorrow my mom is going with me. She seems awfully excited to see her grandchild, even if it is in black and white and all grainy and blobby and alieny. I just hope he doesn't look like a hamster this time.
Hmmm. Let's see, what else?
Oh, we're going to try to get the baby's room painted this weekend. We need to finish cleaning out the office (which is what I should be doing right now), then we have to sand the trim and prime the walls and the trim and remove the baseboards because they're easier to paint if they're just off the wall. The trim around the windows is really my first priority, because the new windows we ordered came in, and we want to paint the trim before we put them in lest I paint all over their new, vinyl goodness. The trim in the rest of the room will be next, for regular paint, then the walls. It's 100 bagillion times easier to paint the trim first, then the walls. Keep that in mind if you ever want to paint trim (it's a pain in the ass, though, so I don't recommend it).
Oh, and a shout-out to my awesome sister, who got a 4.0 GPA in her first semester of nursing school while raising two small children, both of whom are awfully feisty -- in a good way(says the lady who's not raising them). How smart is she? Nursing schools is super hard. I'm very proud of her.


1 comment:
How did the U/S go? What does your Kiblet look like?
Post a Comment