So anyway, when I go to Scott County I see a lot of people I don't see very often because I'm always in Clinton. I was making my rounds saying hi to the other reporters, when I walked into the office with one of my favorite reporters and was talking to her. She had me turn to the side to see my belly, then said, "I don't think anyone who saw you would ever think you're pregnant."
To which I replied, kiddingly, "Yeah, it just looks like I'm getting fat."
And she said, "Yeah. They might think you're, like, 15 pounds overweight, but definitely not pregnant."
Um.......Thanks?
***She's not a bitch, she's just very blunt, and I love her for it.***
But seriously, 15 pounds overweight is not really the look I'm going for over here. I want to look pregnant, because if I don't look pregnant to you, then I just look like I have a beer gut worthy of a 19-year-old college girl in her second semester of her freshman year. And since I'm 28 and haven't had a beer since December, that's just unacceptable.
So that made my day. I thought I looked all cute and pregnant, but apparently I just look fat. Great.


4 comments:
Don't worry in just a couple weeks that belly will really pop and there will be no question... just keep rubbing your belly a lot then people will put two and two together. :)
I hear ya - I was dying to REALLY look pregnant and not just fat. It took a lot longer than I thought it would!
Ouch.
You'll look the part of "expecting mommy" in no time!
You make me laugh! We think a lot alike! I've had two now and I felt like this both times! Just keep rubbing your belly. Before you know it you won't even recognize your body! There'll come a point where you can't even see your own feet...you have lots of wonderful things to look forward to! At least there's a baby in that belly! Zoƫ's 5 weeks now and I still have 30 pounds to lose and I look extremely FAT! I'm always praying I don't run into anyone who hasn't seen me in awhile and doesn't know that I just had a baby because its embarrassing! I wish I looked like the 19 year old college girl with a beer gut!
Post a Comment