So I called my doctor's office. Obviously, they weren't open because it was 6:50 a.m. They paged the doctor, but told me to call back if I didn't hear from him in 20 minutes. 30 minutes later I called back. They paged him again, then the answering service called me back and said, "We just realized your doctor is out of town. Here's the number for the on-call doctor. They'll page him when you call."
To Brian and I that sounded something like, "Heeeeeyyyyyyyy......We here at the on-call service are all smoking pot and doing body shots off one another, and we, like, TOTALLY FORGOT that your doctor is out of town until just RIGHT NOW. Isn't that HILARIOUS? So here, call this dude. He's probably not high or drunk. And, oh, I hope you don't die while you're waiting."
Morons.
So the on-call doctor called me back and he determined it's just muscle pain. Really freaking excruciating, mind-blowingly painful muscle pain. He said I just need to "take it easy."
Then the super-awesome nurse at my regular doctor's office called me to check on me, and said she agreed, it was probably just muscle pain, and said, "You can take Tylenol!" As if that was supposed to cheer me up. Tylenol? I might as well just pretend to take Tylenol. Tylenol, I'm sorry, is probably the most ineffective drug on the market. Which is why you can take it while you're pregnant, because it doesn't actually DO ANYTHING.
But I took some anyway. She also suggested a heating pad, so I've been using that. And if I sit perfectly, statuesquely still with my heating pad, I'm kind of okay. But if I feel the need to get up to do anything -- pee, get something to eat, etc -- after about a minute I'm again in excruciating pain and have to start all over. It's massively annoying, especially considering all the things that I could be accomplishing during a day off work. This house is a mess, and it'd be nice to vacuum or something. Then again, if I were capable of doing things like vacuuming or laundry, I probably should have gone to work. Catch-22.
This blows, and if it continues until Brian gets home from work, I'm going to have him take me to the Urgent Care place or something, because I'm flipping miserable.
*****
In random news, we watched the movie "He's Just Not that Into You" the other night. Terrible movie. Some parts are kinda funny, but it's LLLLLLLLLLLLLOONNNNGGGGGG. Really long. And the main part of it is about a married man having an affair. Brian actually turned away from the television a few times because he was so disgusted by the guy. Stuff like that really annoys him. The guy was cheating with a woman played by Scarlett Johansen. I hate ScarJo. Why? I don't know. She has an annoying face or...something. Something about her just bugs me. Don't tell me you've never felt that way about someone. You take one look at them and you can tell from their body language that they're exactly the type of person you generally avoid for fear that one day you will punch them in the face mid-sentence just for being who they are. She is one of those people for me, and now I hate her even more, even though I know she's not the character she played.
Jennifer Aniston and Ben Afleck were delightful, though. I really enjoyed that part of it. Too bad there wasn't more of them and less of douchy guy/ScarJo.
Hmmm....What else? Oh, I've been in Scott County all week this week because my boss is out of town. I've had nothing to do, which is boring, but I have had at least 10 people tell me how awesome I look for being five months pregnant. It makes me really want to just always go to Scott County instead of driving to Clinton where no one tells me how cute I am. And really, isn't the point of going to work, to be showered in unnecessary and probably false compliments? I don't actually go there to WORK.
I did make use of my time on the couch today by researching car seats and strollers. This has been a task I've been putting off. I didn't want a super expensive car seat or stroller, but I also wanted something safe. I think I found one with very good safety ratings in the mid-range as far as price goes. I also found a stroller frame that the car seat is compatible with, rather than getting the entire travel system which is heavy and bulky. The frame only weighs 11 pounds and folds up very compactly in the trunk. The car seat snaps onto it. Then I found an umbrella stroller for after the baby can hold his/her head up. So it's going to cost around the same amount as a travel system, but it'll be much less cumbersome, which I'm all for. I was pretty happy with myself, all in all.
I also looked at cribs. I think we'll probably end up ordering from JC Penney. They have a great selection which have gotten great reviews, and they're reasonably priced.
Well, I have to get back to my really busy day of watching Harry Potter and being kicked. Baby E is obviously fine, regardless of his/her mother's uncooperative muscles.


5 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry you're in such pain. That did not happen to me, thank God.
Car seats: all, regardless of price, have safety standards they must meet. You can contact your chapter of the Safe Kids Coalition for any recommendations they might have. Once you have a short list, visit a baby store with Brian for some hands-on exposure (if you can borrow a baby, even better) to see which ones are easiest and most comfortable for you to use.
Cribs: Go for the best quality you can afford. I LOVE our crib, with metal rails for the drop sides and a sturdy locking system for them. It contains no plastic whatsoever. It's on its third baby, and the only wear is some teething marks on the wood. If you knew my son, you'd understand how remarkable that is.
We got our crip at JCP too - love love love it! It was not hard to put together. In fact I did it myself when I was about 7 months pregnant. It was not expensive and had proven to work well for about 16 months now.
I do have to tell you I love the whole stroller carseat combo though. Yes it is big - but not a pain. And when you are out for the day you cannot haul in an umbrella stroller. The cup holders are great for me and Drew and who ever else is with us... not saying you should change - but just something to think about. And the bigger strollers are better "off road" Ok... done! :-)
I hope you feel better and can move tomorrow!!
Hey!
Of course I know who you are! Glad you are a reader! :)
Reading through some of your stuff...so excited for you! By the way, for my pregnancies I had HORRIBLE acne (always have had, actually). Try tea tree oil. Just get it at the Body Shop at Northpark Mall. Seriously. I got the mask and the tiny little bottle that you can put to the zit. I can't believe how well it worked for me! IT's worth a shot for you anyway! It's all natural so doesn't affect the little baby at all.
I wish you would've said hi at the courthouse! We would've loved it. We were certainly happier than most about being there. :)
Erin: I think what she bought was the universal frame to go under the car seat. The umbrella stroller is for use when Kiblet is bigger.
Having used both (the fancy travel system for my first two and the car seat/stroller frame for #3), I am much happier with the stroller frame. It weighs next to nothing, takes up little room in the back of the car, and works with most brands of infant car seats. That may not seem like a big deal, but if her seat becomes subject to recall, she can still use the frame with a different brand of seat.
If a full-sized stroller is needed later (vs. umbrella) check out craigslist.com or your local consignment shops!
I'm lovin' Craigs List. I just got a $250 high chair for $100!
call me this weekend. miss you.
Post a Comment