* I walked into a wall. Yep. This probably doesn't shock many of you. I'm generally ungraceful. It's gotten to the point where Brian Cortney-proofs the house. You'd probably never believe my mom was a ballerina, my sister was a great dancer, my mom, sister, and aunt were all cheerleaders, and my aunt and sister were gymnasts. And then there's me. I walk into walls. Walls that have been there since we bought this house four years ago. I also walk into door jambs and furniture. I once broke my baby toe by stubbing it on the couch. That wasn't so bad, though. It got me out of participating in the state marching band competition. I still had to go, but I didn't have to wear the stupid uniform.
So anyway, yeah, I walked into the wall. You're probably thinking said wall was somewhere in the vicinity of IN FRONT OF ME, but you're wrong. I was walking down the hallway, and the wall was to the right of me. How did I do this? I don't know. I've stopped trying to figure things like that out. It did piss me off enough that when Brian saw the look on my face he stifled his laughter and just gave me a hug, then told me he loved me because I'm so funny, which made me laugh, so it all turned out okay.
* I officially think the State will be firing all of us and switching to digital audio recording. We got several e-mails this week that were less than encouraging. We're still fighting, still talking to legislators, but I don't know how much good it's going to do. It's depressing.
* They laid off 11 more people at Brian's company. About 60% of the staff is now gone. Brian is on billable work, so his job is safe as long as John Deere renews his contract, but who knows how long that'll be. This economy sucks.
* The Kiblet (a/k/a Baby E) is REALLY active lately. He or she is constantly kicking and jumping around. It's an odd feeling, but also really cool. I can't wait to see him or her again in a few weeks, and to announce officially his or her gender and name (unless I'm wrong about the gender, in which case he or she doesn't have a name yet).
* I've been trying to work out. I feel so much better after I'm done, but getting the energy up to accomplish the task is difficult most days.
* And I made brownies, which are now done, so I have to go.


4 comments:
Cort, you crack me up! And good luck with fighting that digital.
~Chelsea
I'm also a klutz. This is why I put my daughter in dance classes. I figure that if she's going to take after me, she can at least injure herself gracefully.
Feeling your baby move is alien and wonderful and reassuring. I was a mean mommy, too. If they hadn't moved in a while, I'd curl myself up a little and MAKE them move.
Wow, GOOD FOR YOU on the exercising!!! I'm impressed and a little bit envious. Just keep it easygoing and low impact for when your joints get all loosey-goosey.
I ran into doorways all the time too! I swear, towards the end I couldnt walk down the hll in our house without bumping into the doorway!
I hope both Brian's and your jobs remain safe!
Post a Comment