In that vein, I'd like to point out this fact that I may or may not have known before being pregnant: Having a cold where you sneeze and/or cough a lot, and hard, when you're eight months pregnant has unfortunate repercussions. Repercussions such as having to change your underwear.
I'm pretty sure I was in total denial about this until about Thursday of last week. Just like I'm in total denial about the whole pooping on the delivery table thing. I refuse to acknowledge the fact that that is even a remote possibility. As far as I'm concerned, the entire world can go around thinking I don't poop. 'Cause I don't. Especially not in front of PEOPLE....who have EYES....and who are MARRIED TO ME.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. Not going to happen.
Other random info that may be less educational:
1. My cold is finally mostly gone. Hooray!
2. I'm about a week and a half away from the point at which if I go into labor, the doctors won't do anything to stop it, because I'll be full term. Holy crap.
3. I got a transcript order today. It was from a HORRIBLE custody trial I did in March. It lasted two days. Everyone spoke at roughly 1,000 words per minute for all two days, and I was exhausted at the end. However, this transcript order is so large that the amount I'll make from it will pay for the rest of my maternity leave, and then some. I always send out letters to ask for a deposit up front. I sent that one out today, and I'm crossing my fingers that they don't change their mind when they see what it's going to cost them. I don't set the page rates, the State does, so if they have a problem with the cost, it's not my fault, but still, I really want them to pay for this transcript. And I really want the other side to order it, so I can get the full amount I'm expecting. I guess we'll see.
4. I need to get this transcript done before I go into labor. Hence my
5. I *heart* fall.
6. Brian got us tickets to go see Lewis Black this Friday. We're also going to dinner (I don't know where). I'm pretty excited about all of this. It'll probably be our last date night before Ellie gets here, and hence our last date night for a long time.
7. I am huge. Like, huge to the point that I may soon need an intricate rope-and-pulley system to get me off the couch and/or out of bed. It's insane.
8. I did Career Day at West High School -- where Brian and I graduated from in '99 -- on Friday. It was weird. Also, kids don't give a flying fuck about court reporting. Just so you know.
9. We went to Cedar Rapids for Coe College's Homecoming this weekend. It was also the 100-year anniversary of Lambda Chi Alpha, Brian's fraternity. It made us miss Maidul. In about a month it will be the one-year anniversary of his passing. I still can't believe he's gone. It feels so wrong to go to events up there without him.
10. I still haven't taken pictures of Ellie's room yet. I'm working on it. STOP PRESSURING ME!


No comments:
Post a Comment