Today started out pretty well. Ellie got up around 6 - which, WHAT THE HELL, CHILD? You used to sleep 'till 7:30 without fail???? -- ate, and dutifully fell back asleep at 7:30 (just after puking all over me) for about an hour. Just enough time for me to do about 40 minutes of yoga and take a shower. She woke up, immediately puked all over the shirt I had just put on and in my freshly-washed hair (which smelled awesome when I blow-dried it later, by the way), stayed up for a while, ate again, and napped again for another hour or so, which gave me time to finish getting dressed -- or rather, redo what I had done before due to the aforementioned puking.
My parents stopped over to see Ellie for a bit, then she and I headed to the grocery store.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is where everything went downhill.
I lost my car keys. In the parking lot of Target. Before I had even gotten Ellie out of the car to go into the store. Lost. Gone. Could not find them, had no idea where they were. Also couldn't remember where I left my brain, which was clearly missing as well.
I had to call Brian. He had to come up to Target after working all morning at Best Buy to rescue us. Before he came into the store to find us, he made a quick stop at the car to see if he could find the keys. The lost keys. The keys I searched for for about 15 minutes, looking like a total freak in the parking lot.
He found them in about eight seconds. They were in the side pocket of the diaper bag, which was still in the car as I had decided to just carry in the changing pad portion with a diaper and wipes just in case I needed them. The diaper bag I had searched through THREE TIMES.
Before I left for the store, I was convinced the baby monitor was broken. So while I was at at the store, I picked up another one. We currently have a video monitor, so I wanted another one. $200. When we got home, Brian took a look at the monitor we had, and informed me that we had somehow bumped the button on the side of the unit in Ellie's room that made the monitor voice activated, thus the problem I was having with it just shutting off. Awesome.
In conclusion: Am a moron. Should probably wear a helmet everywhere. Maybe shouldn't be allowed to take care of other living things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Ah the joys of motherhood have arrived. Welcome aboard. E
Aaagh, I hate days like that.
When Precious Daugther was tiny, she had me up a good chunk of the night with what turned out to be a stomachache. It finally cured itself when she projectile vomited on my shoulder. The hollow of my clavicle fanned sour milk into a semicircle like water hitting a spoon under the faucet.
Who knew eight ounces of liquid could go so far?
Still to this day I am guilty of putting ice cream in the fridge and sour cream in the freezer. You might says mommies get a little distracted. Don't worry we don't ever forget the important things like the baby :) Don't be so hard on yourself in the end no big deal and no harm done minus the vomit in your hair :).
It's called Momnesia and it's real!!!!!!
Post a Comment