Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Here we go again....

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the gynecologist who monitored me for my IVF. My nurse practitioner, who is FABULOUS, thinks I may need another laparscopy to remove endometriosis. Then she wants me to go off the pill for a few months so she can do some hormone testing, because something is seriously up with my moods, you guys. Up, down; up, down; up, WAY down...that combined with my now constant endometriosis pain requires some digging into what the actual problem may be.

After four years of infertility treatments, which required frequent dates with latex-free gloves smeared with jelly and/or the snapping of a makeshift condom onto a dildocam to check things out, then a pregnancy where, obviously, things were checked out frequently, I've enjoyed a peaceful, noninvasive year. Once my OB stitched me up, there has been only one more exam (annual pap) where a relative stranger has seen my vagina. Since then, the only people who have seen it are Brian -- for obvious reasons -- and Ellie. And the latter is only because she refuses to let me do anything involving the bathroom without her direct supervision.

So tomorrow it starts again. I'm looking forward to hopefully being pain free at some point in the near future, but, as they say, it is always darkest before the dawn. Things will probably get worse pain-wise before they'll get any better. But I've done this before, so I go into it with my head held high, my expectations reasonable, and my lady business sufficiently groomed for company.

No comments: