AFTER: Walking down the stairs. New ceramic tile, and the new paint color starts on the right wall, but below that ledge. Say hi to (fat) Phoebe :0)
Looking down the hallway toward the bathroom. I don't have a before of this, but it was white with carpet and brown trim. Eventually, we'll get white doors throughout the house.
If you keep going straight down the stairs, and turn left, this is what you see. This little nook is where my office was going to go. Now, it's where we keep this lamp. And the air purifier. We'll figure out something else later.
If you keep going toward the bar:
The walls are a sort of grey/brown. It's very light, almost white, but I wanted a contrast with the white trim. The basement is a bit dark, so we couldn't do anything too dramatic for the main color.
If you go around the green corner you see Brian's Christmas/birthday gift - His very own old-fashioned popcorn machine. The bar is to the right in this picture, and the couches and tv are straight ahead.
Another view of Brian's present.
A view from the back side of the bar. Around that corner is the green wall, which you can't see from this part of the basement.
Behind the bar.
Couch placement BEFORE. Note the red wall. It will orient you with the following pictures.
This is a bad picture, but to give you orientation, there's the red wall, the loveseat, and Brian's sitting on the full-sized couch, even though you can't see it. The bar is in the bottom right corner.
A better view of the tv placement. We need to find either a better place for all the Rock Band stuff, or a better way to organize it.
This is the back wall, opposite the red wall, BEFORE. Obviously, before we got the big tv, too :0)
That same wall AFTER, taken from the red wall.
I know I've showed you this before, but here, again, is the super-horrid bathroom that I refused to go in unless I absolutely had to because I kind of felt like I was going to have a seizure if I looked at it too long.


4 comments:
As Junie B. Jones would say, "Wowie wow wow." It looks fabulous, and I am green with envy over Brian's remodeling skills. The Oracle and I are woefully lacking in such talent. At least he has better taste than I do. I can't even match up two shades of pink.
If you feel like coming eastward to finish another basement, I'll keep you well fed.
I like the stand it's on, but if the TV is the kind that can go on the wall, it might free up space for the band stuff beneath.
You should be very proud of yourselves!
Love the pictures Cort! Your basement looks great!
It looks AWESOME... great job!!!
I wish we could hang the tv on the wall, that would be awesome! It's not a flat screen, though, so the back of it still sticks out behind it a bit.
Post a Comment