Visit Stirrup Queens for more information

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Can someone explain this to me?

It's a random question that probably matters not to most people, but I went to Staples today to buy a few court reporter-related items for producing and distributing transcripts. Two of the things I needed were stamps, one that says "Original" and one that says "Copy," to stamp transcripts with. So I'm in the stamp aisle, and I find the "Copy" stamp, and I'm looking around and can't find one that says "Original." I assume I'm insane, or not awake yet, or still traumatized by the doctor's appointment at which I was told I have to give myself shots in the ass, so I ask the sales guy if he knows if they have them. He looks for me, and says he doesn't see any, and to ask the copy center if they have them. They don't, and they have to CUSTOM MAKE a stamp for me that says "Original."

So I'm sitting here at work, and I decide to visit the Office Max website to see if this is just some fluke. A flux in the time/space continuum that only occurs at Staples ... or ... something. Whatever. Anyhoodle, Office Max doesn't carry them, either!

This is so weird to me. Not a major annoyance, not even a vent, just WEIRD. To me, if you're going to have a stamp that says "Copy," you should also have one that says "Original," because you can't have a copy without an original. Do you remember in elementary school when you were taught how to do an outline for a report or your science fair project, and you were told to make a category, and then if you had subcategories you couldn't have an A without a B, or a 1 without a 2? This is the same thing to me. It's just like when I order pizza from Uncle Bills and they only have Small and Large. There has to be a Medium! If anything, the Large is the Medium! And following that logic, why don't you sell a Large!??

*sigh* If I had more to do at work, then these kinds of blogs wouldn't happen.

6 comments:

Jess said...

PERHAPS....they assume that people will think anything unstamped is the original?

Not sure! :)

Just Me said...

I learned a long time ago that places like Staples and Office Max make little sense at all. I hate them both. I hate going there, asking for help, and getting little more than a perplexed expression and a shrug.

And, ooooooh, ick. I'm sorry about the self-administered shots in the ass.

Anonymous said...

Cort: I'm cracking up at this story. You think it's wierd, but I'm the loser that then writes a nastygram to the corporate office stating how disgraceful it is that they wouldn't think of something like that! I've done it for Buffolo Wild Wings and was supposedly being sent a gift card for my terrible experience. Low and behold, it never came. I'm shocked.

Jess from mybabyish

Oh, and shots in the butt? What are they putting you on?

Jennifer Terrero said...

LMAO!!!! Too funny...but I'm totally with you on that! You just made me look into my drawer at work and check my stamps... just noticed I dont have an "Orignal" either... *hump*

Anonymous said...

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/848496/ACCU-STAMP-One-Color-Message-Stamp/

they sell them at office depot

Just Me said...

Cort:

To answer the question you left at PB and Bacon, yes. I haven't openly blogged about it at all until very, very recently, partly because it seems totally un-ffing-fair that I sit here and gestate while reading of your struggles.

Just what you need to hear, right?

She's due to arrive by c-section on 2/18.