
Eliza Nichole arrived October 29, 2009, at 9:56 a.m. 7 lbs, 12 oz, 20 1/2 inches long. I am not nearly as tough as I thought I was, so I got an epidural at around 2 centimeters. So much for my plan of doing it almost completely naturally. BTW, the people that do that are INSANE (or tougher than me) (or masochists). The IV pain meds they were giving me weren't helping one bit, though, and I couldn't take it. The epidural was the best thing that ever happened to me. Seriously. It let me sleep a bit Tuesday night.
Then it ran out in the morning when I was dilated to about a 9, and the pharmacy at the hostpital couldn't get me another one in time, so I essentially pushed her out with no meds.
It kinda hurt.
I have a second-degree tear and some stitches, but other than that I'm recovering well, and we'll be going home on Saturday. I'll post more pictures as soon as I get them uploaded.
Spoiler alert: Several pictures contain super-cute baby wearing giant pink daisy on her head. I didn't want this to catch you off guard and have your head explode from the cuteness.




7 comments:
So happy for you Cort!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you and Brian!!! Congratulation. She is perfect.
Isn't it just amazing!!!!!! She is so beautiful! I cannot want to see more pictures of her!! Once again Congratulations!!!!!!!XO
Congratulations, she's adorable. Hope Mom and Baby are recoving nicely!
HAHA! I wrote my heart exploding comment before I saw your warning about head exploding cuteness, you were not kidding!!
I hope you are getting some sleep!
Lots of Love,
Kristen (Sigler)
Congratulations! You made a beauty!
Hi Cort,
Don't try to do things the way you used to (I think I just butchered some grammer). You'll make yourself crazy trying to blog like before. Just send out short quick things you want to say. It will get easier as time goes on. Hope all is well. E
Post a Comment